The City of Pearls, that’s how Hyderabad used to call itself, due to the trade in pearls, diamonds, and other gems that boosted the city’s economy. It’s still home to a large number of jewelry shops and artisans, and an interesting meeting place between North and South India. Check Tiger Holidays’s offers, and you’ll find that a trip to Hyderabad is not as expensive as you thought it might be – in fact, if you take advantage of Tiger Holidays’s great prices, you could be there for your next vacation!
Things You Should Not Miss in Hyderabad
- Charminar, the memorial to plague victims, is also the symbol of the city – so you have to stop and pay your respects while you’re in Hyderabad.
- Golconda Fort will take quite some time to visit, so plan accordingly. It’s a magnificent fortress, well worth hiring a guide, and it will take at least 3 hours to see everything worth seeing there. While you’re there, stop to visit the Qutab Shahi tombs, so as not to make a separate trip for them.
- Falaknuma Palace, with its elegant marble stairs and statues, is by far the most impressive palace and Hyderabad – and the city has no shortage of palaces, as you’ll soon notice. (You’ll also soon notice that not all are worth visiting, but many are charming, and with a rich history behind them.)
- The Paigah Tombs have been discovered fairly recently, and the place is not fully organized yet. It’s a bit out of the way – but the tombs with their unique geometric designs are worth it, they’re like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
- Birla Mandir is the main attraction of the new city – a wonderful building of white marble, with various terraces and viewing places that allow aerial views of Hyderabad. Nowadays, it’s rather a tourist attraction and not so much a place of worship, but be warned that cameras and shoes are not allowed inside.
- Salar Jung Museum is absolutely huge – if you insist on seeing everything it has to offer, a day won’t be enough. It’s quite impressive if you realize that the entire collection of antiques has been gathered by one single person, Salar Jung III.
- Ramoji Film City is the place to go for the fans of Indian cinematography, an attraction park that’s also a cultural experience, where you’ll get to see firsthand how special effects were created in the days before CGI.
Check out Tiger Holidays’s website for tickets to Hyderabad, and don’t forget to browse the other offers, as you’ll surely find something to catch your eye!
Best Time to Visit Hyderabad
The monsoon season is between June and September, so this is the period you’ll want to avoid. The summer of Hyderabad starts in March and lasts until May – be warned that the temperatures can get very high. If you want to visit during summertime, pay special attention to your hydration needs and carry water with you at all times. Generally, the best time to visit Hyderabad is considered between October and March, when the temperature is cool enough to allow pleasant outdoors activities and walks in the city.
So go ahead, get your accommodations in Hyderabad and your Tiger Holidays tickets today, for an experience you won’t regret.