Cebu is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines, and, considering that Philippines is one of the most popular countries in the world, it goes without saying that you should visit Cebu at least once in a lifetime. So why wait, why not make it this year, with one of Tiger Holidays’s offers or discount tickets? Visit Tiger Holidays’s website today, and start planning your vacation right now.
Must-See Attractions in Cebu
Cebu has a vibrant nightlife, and you’ll surely get stuck dancing, eating, laughing and drinking until the small hours of the morning. Don’t waste your entire vacation on partying – attractive as it may be, Cebu also has other attractions that you should see before your short time in this beautiful place is over.
- Take a bike tour to Tops, on Mount Busay, in the evening. You’ll have a wonderful view of the entire city, and there are several restaurants where you can have dinner. It’s a one-hour trip by bike (you can also take a taxi, but this smells of foreign tourist and you’re sure to get massively over-charged).
- Basilica del Santo Nino has a history going back all the way to 1565, and has a statue that was allegedly brought o the country by Magellan himself. It doesn’t get more respectable than that, so pay your respects when you’re in the city. Right next to it it’s Magellan’s Cross – which may or may be the original – you’ll soon lose interest in it in favor of watching the fire dance of the local candle sellers.
- If you’ve seen the European heritage, it’s time to visit the Taoist Temple, as many locals have full Chinese ancestry. You have to understand both sides of this unique mixture in order to fully comprehend the lifestyle and personalities of people in Cebu.
- Fort San Pedro ;is a very small, fortified building, worth visiting for the museum which showcases treasures recovered from the sunken San Diego galleon.
- Go shopping at the Taboan Public Market – you’ll find a lot of souvenirs cheaper than anywhere else. Don’t expect the pearl necklaces to be genuine – you’ll figure out from the price why, but you’re sure to find some awesome pasalubong (if you haven’t figured it out yet, those are souvenirs).
- If you stop at Yap Sandiego Ancestral House, make sure to hire a tour guide. This is one of the oldest – if not actually the oldest house in Cebu – but it’s not much to see, unless you’re familiar with the local traditions and history. A guide will definitely make the experience a hundred times more valuable.
All these haven’t even scratched the surface of all the things you can do and see in Cebu.
If you don’t have your Tiger Holidays’s ticket for the Queen City of the South, don’t procrastinate any more – go get it now, before the prices go up, or, even worse, all the tickets are sold out, and you’ll need to wait another year before taking the vacation of your life.